What started over 15 years ago as a small gathering of people in Pastor Brad and Melissa’s living room has changed and grown. The one constant throughout this journey has been the power of God’s refining love and grace. Today, many more people now call Refinery Church home, and it is a place where you can come and be yourself, experience God’s grace and strengthen your faith.
Sunday Gatherings at 9:15 am + 11:00 am
The story of our church started out with faithful obedience to a God-given vision. This vision was of a new kind of church, one that is vitally linked to its community, one that shows God’s love through acts of kindness and service, and one that strives to be relevant in today’s culture, yet never strays from the Word of God.
In 2003, this vision turned into a reality. Pastor Brad, his wife Melissa and their two children responded in faith to move from Atlanta, GA to Columbus, OH to start Lifepoint Church which is now know as The Refinery Church.
This process that started over 15 years ago with a small gathering of people in Pastor Brad and Melissa’s living room has changed and grown. Today, many more people now call our church home, and it is a place where you can come and be yourself, experience God’s grace and strengthen your faith. We desire to be a church that is high on grace, low on guilt and honest in truth. This life is a process and we invite you to join us as our story continues to unfold.
Values And Beliefs
- God And Others
- Grace Over Guilt
- Truth With Kindness
- Serving Sacrificially
- Biblical Teaching
- Intentional Relationships
- The Next Generation
- We Believe in one God–the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We Believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living
- We Believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is continually inclined to evil.
- We Believe that those who never repent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We Believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race, and that whoever repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is justified, regenerated, and saved from the domination of sin.
- We Believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We Believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the sanctification of believers.
- We Believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place
What does it mean to be saved?
Being saved means you’ve embraced Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. That includes confessing your sins and believing that Jesus is the Son of God. It’s the grace of God that makes salvation possible through Jesus Christ.
What does it mean to repent?
Literally, repent means to turn around. When someone repents of sin, they “turn around” in their actions and attitudes. Repenting is necessary so people don’t continue to live a self-absorbed life that is consumed by their “sinful nature.” In mathematical terms repent means 180º.
What does sanctification mean?
The word sanctification means “to be set apart.” Sanctification is the act of being set apart for the work of God.
For more information on the doctrine or beliefs of our church, please read the Preamble and Articles of Faith as laid out by the Church of the Nazarene. Feel free to email the church office with your questions.